R.E. Broker Courses and Preparation
All 13 California Real Estate Broker license courses have been approved by the California Department of Real Estate (DRE) and qualifies for the California Broker License State Exam. We offer a Money Back guarantee!
Special Broker Discount Pricing
Select how many Real Estate Broker courses below. Learn More about this courses
*S&H will be added to your order.
If you have two years full time experience as a Real Estate Sales agent or over 4 years of work related experience (for more information visit www.dre.ca.gov). Plus 8 DRE Approved Courses you can take the Real Estate Brokers Exam. You may have already partially qualified based on courses that you took either in college or in obtaining a California Real Estate Sales License. Premier’s staff will be glad to assist you to determiner how many and which courses you will need to qualify for your California Real Estate Brokers state exam. 1 800 227-6321
Our home-study California Real Estate courses allow you to complete your California Broker license qualification courses at your own pace in the convenience of your own home or office. you can complete each course in 18 days!
Premier Schools also offer you a full range of Preparation materials to help you pass the first time through a very difficult State Exam.
Everything from practice exams with detailed explanations, to DVD's and CD's covering the subjects and giving you hints and tips on how to study and pass.
Online and written material, it’s like having an instructor with you while you wait for the State exam which usually takes 4 to 8 weeks. Math review, flash cards online, glossary, all the tools proven to get you a passing score. No travel and at your own pace makes this the perfect way to study for the Brokers State exam.
As a Sales person you have three of the eight courses already. You will only need five more. If you're unsure of what you may already have call our offices 1 (800) 227-6321 or email us at .
If you want to check with the DRE they will have records too. Call 1 (877) 373-4542 and follow/use their automated system (you don't have to wait for an operator) just say "Licensee" they will ask you for your social security number and then ask you if you want to know what broker courses you have taken already. Write down the courses they have on file. It's easy. Then enroll in the remaining courses. Call our offices if you have any questions.
All of Premier's Real Estate Broker qualification courses are approved by the California DRE SPONSER No. S0184.
Qualifications & Requirements
In order to get your California Real Estate Broker license you must first qualify for and pass a written examination.
The State requirements are:
- 18 years or older
- Applicants must be honest and truthful. Conviction of a crime may result in the denial of a license.
- Either, a minimum of two years full-time licensed salesperson experience within the last five years, or
two years of unlicensed equivalent experience, or
a four-year degree with a major/minor in real estate is required.
You must have successfully completed the following eight statutorily required college-level courses. These eight courses must include the following five courses:
- Real Estate Practice
- Legal Aspects of Real Estate
- Real Estate Appraisal
- Real Estate Finance
- Real Estate Economics or Accounting
The remaining three courses are to be selected from the following:
- Real Estate Principles
- Real Estate Office Administration
- Business Law
- Mortgage Loan Brokering & Lending
- Property Management
- Common Interest Developments
- Computer Applications in Real Estate
(800) 227-6321 or email us at
* Important Note:
The California Department of Real Estate have records of which courses you've already taken. Call 1 (877) 373-4542 and follow/use their automated system (you don't have to wait for an operator) just say "Licensee" and they will ask you for your social security number and then ask if you want to know what broker courses you have taken already. Write down the courses they have on file. It's easy. Then enroll in the remaining courses. Call our offices if you have any questions.
Home Study Courses
When you enroll in the courses(s) you need, you will receive a textbook and course workbook for each course. The workbook contains review quizzes based on the textbook material. You can complete these review quizzes in the privacy of your own home or office. The “answers” for the review quizzes are in the course workbook so that you can check your own progress. The workbook quizzes will fully prepare you to take your “open book” course final. You can complete each course in as little as 18days per course.
You may take your final exam online or with an outside monitor. If you wish to take your final online, you may contact Premier Schools after you have received your course materials and request a link. We provide the link and you can access your final exams 24/7. You can even print out your certificates.
Premier Schools will assist you in an outside monitor to receive and administer your final exams. A form will be provided to you that will give you full instructions on how to arrange to take your final with an outside monitor. You must attain a score of 60% or better on your final exam to receive a Certificate of Completion for a course.
(800) 227-6321 or email us at
Be Prepared - Get Prepared
We also offer and recommend preparation for a very difficult State exam. It will take anywhere between 6 to 8 weeks to take the State exam.
While you wait use that time to study for the State exam. Our practice exams look like the various State exams the State uses. We give you answers and details explanation for the correct answers. You can recognize the correct answer when you go down to the State facility to take the Brokers exam under stress.
We also have the subjects the State will test you on in DVD and CD format, so you can immerse yourself in the material. While at home, office, or in the car!
Check the under Exam Preparation - Online Practice exams, Sample State Exam, and Study Guide for detail pricing.
You can have the courses shipped for $17.50 or you can pick them up at 6080 Center Drive 6th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90045 store. 1 (800) 227-6321
To review a description for a specific course, click on the title of the course below:
Real Estate Finance
This course provides the student with a basic introduction to the field of real estate finance. It covers all aspects of real financing from filling out the loan application to closing the loan. The course details qualifying standards, disclosure requirements, and loan documents. A partial list of topics covered in the course would include:
- Money and Monetary System
- Fiduciary Sources for Real Estate Finance
- Conventional, Insured, and Guaranteed Loans
- Financial Agencies and Lending Programs
- Junior Loans in Real Estate Finance
- Loan Terms and Note Payments
- Instruments of Real Estate Finance
- Processing Real Estate Loans
- Loan Defaults and Foreclosures
Real Estate Appraisal
This course provides the student with a basic introduction to the principles of real estate appraising. It covers the theory of value creation in real estate and relates these theories to practical application. All appraisal methods are thoroughly covered. The various types of appraisal reports and their various uses are discussed. A partial list of topics covered in this course would include:
- The Appraisal Process
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Site Valuation
- Residential Construction
- Sales Comparison Approach to Value
- Income Approach to Value
- Reconciliation and Final Value Estimate
Real Estate Practice
This course provides the student with a basic introduction to the practice of real estate. It encompasses a thorough coverage of field related to real estate such as finance, appraisal, escrow, and real estate investing. It also details the areas necessary to conduct a modern real estate brokerage business. A partial list of topics covered in this course includes:
- Getting Started in Real Estate
- Mandatory Disclosures
- Listing Presentations
- The Buyer and the Property Showing
- From Offer to Closing
- Escrow and Title Insurance
- Property Management and Leasing
Legal Aspects of Real Estate
This course provides the student with a basic introduction to the field of real estate law. It thoroughly covers all legal aspects that relate to real estate including sources of law, land titles, and real estate contracts. This course also discusses certain alternatives to litigation through the use of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR's). A partial list of topics covered in this course include:
- Interests in Real Property
- Co-Ownership of Real Property
- Agency Duties and Liabilities
- Real Estate Contracts
- Titles and Alienation
- Escrow and Closing
- Civil Rights and Fair Housing
- Landlord/Tenant Law
Real Estate Economics
This course provides the student with a basic introduction to the field of real estate economics. It acquaints the student with economic theories that relate to real estate and the practical application of these theories. Course details the factors that affect value in real estate and the government's role in real estate economics. A partial list of topics covered in this course include:
- Economic Principles and Cycles
- Economic Theories and Measurements
- Money and Financing
- Government Regulations & Taxes
- Nontraditional Housing
- Farms and Land
- Planning & Land Use Control
- The Economics of Development
Real Estate Principles
This course provides a broad coverage of the underlying principles of real estate. The student is introduced to all the key elements of real property, its ownership, and transfer. The course material gives the student exposure to latest law changes and real estate forms. It also provides an in-depth description of real estate related fields such as real estate finance, appraisal, real estate taxation and escrows. A partial list of the topics covered in this course includes:
- Introduction to Real Estate
- Estates, Transfers and Titles
- Agency and its Responsibilities
- Landlord and Tenant
- Escrows & Title Insurance
- Real Estate Finance
- Financial Institutions
- Real Estate Appraisal
- Subdivision & Government Control
- Taxation of Real Estate
Mortgage Loan Brokering & Lending
This course provides the student with a basic introduction to the field of mortgage loan brokering. It provides the student with a broad technical knowledge of the state and federal laws that govern the practice of mortgage loan brokerage and lending. It also provides coverage of the disclosures required in the lending field, fair lending practices, and the handling of trust funds. A partial list of the topics covered in this course include:
- Scope of Mortgage Loan Brokerage
- Disclosures in Mortgage Loan Transactions
- Fair Lending Practices
- Trust Fund Handling
- Hard Money Makers and Arrangers
- Securities in the Lending Industry
- Third Party Originators
- Mortgage Banking
This course provides an overview of the property management field and describes the major functions of the property manager. These functions include handling legal details, interpersonal relationship skills, maintenance, accounting, and administrative activities. This course also deals with practices and problems in the management of various types of property which include residential, office, commercial, and industrial properties. A partial list of topics covered in this course would include:
- Leases and leasing
- Residential Property Management
- Commercial, Office, and Industrial Property Management
- Liability and Risk Management
- Records and Controls
- Fair Housing and Ethics
- Tenant and Owner Relations
- Management Operations
This course provides the student with a firm understanding of the basic escrow procedures that every real estate licensee who is involved in the buying or selling of real estate should know. It provides a solid footing for students who want to advance their professional standing in the real estate and escrow industries. A partial list of topics covered in this course include:
- Basic Escrow Processes
- The Title Report
- Handling Money and Documents Deposited into Escrow
- Handling Title Report, Fire Insurance & Property Taxes
- Debits, Credits & Prorations
- Exchange Escrow
NEW! Business Law
This course covers Business law in California and combined with Legal Environment of Business becomes one very comprehensive text. Business ownership, anti-trust laws, employment law, securities regulations and international trade law are covered as well as Landmark and Classic Case Studies. The Definitive California Business law reference book. A partial list of topics covered in this course include:
- Is written for California law
- Contracts: offer, Acceptance, and Mutual consent
- Business torts and E-Commerce
- Sales Law
- Major forms of Ownership
- Major Federal Acts
- Consent and performance
- Unlawful agreements and the statute of frauds
- Contract discharge and remedies for breach
Once you have fully met the requirements to qualify to take the California Broker License exam, use our Broker Exam prep kits to help you prepare for and pass your Real Estate Broker license exam. Premier Schools offers you a wide choice of preparation tools to make sure that you pass your state examination the first time.
California Real Estate Broker Exam Prep Kits
- Basic Kit: printed Material Only
- "Fast Facts": Basic Kits: 16 study guides focusing on current state exam topics
- Special Math Review: Formulas, questions, and answers with explanation and examples
- 16 Practice Tests modeled after the State exam including answers and detailed explanations for each questions
- Large 3-ring binder with sleeve
- Updated with latest practice questions
- 1-year subscription for online practice tests included... $139.50 Buy Now
- Audio CDs Only: each set includes seven labeled audio CDs (approx. 8hr. total) 6 lecture CDs, PLUS "Last Minute Exam Review" CD. The CDs are packaged in an 8 pocket CD sleeve that can be inserted directly into the binder. CD set can be used with either the Salesperson or Broker Kit... $39.50 Buy Now
- Video DVDs Only: Each set included four labeled video DVD's in a DVD case. The bonus "Last Minute Exam Review" follows the "conclusion" on Disk 4. DVD sets can be used with either the Salesperson or Broker Kit... $39.50 Buy Now
Online Practice exams Only: Includes 365 days access to 5 practice tests and the updates (newest questions). Includes flash cards and timed exam simulation modes
- Broker Exam Online Exam Prep... $69.00 Buy Now
Complete Broker Exam Prep Package: Get Everything included Printed Material, online access to practice exams, CDs, DVDs
- Complete Broker Exam Prep Kit... $169.00 Buy Now
How to Order
Order now online 24/7 securely with any major credit card.
Call 1 (800) 227-6321. You may use any major credit card to order your courses by phone with our helpful school counselors.
Payment for the Products
You may use a check, money order, or credit card to pay for your order. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover credit cards.
The shipping and handling charge for all packages is $17.50. Shipping is provided by FedEx Ground. We also accommodate delivery to a P.O. Box via U.S. Mail.
Our school counselors are available to help you. Open 8 to 6 Monday thru Thursday 9 to 5 on Friday, Office visits are from 10 to 5 Monday thru Thursday, by email on weekends & holidays.